The Project “Encouraging and Supporting the Participation of Women in Positions of Political Responsibility in National and European Level”, implemented by the Research Centre for Gender Equality (KETHI), is funded by the Operational Programme (OP) “ADMINISTRATIVE REFORM 2010-2013” of the National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF) via the Special Implementation Service of co-financed Programmes of General Secretariat for Gender Equality.
The Project addresses to women elected at national or European level and to women candidates -in national and european- elections that have not yet been elected, aiming at the support and empowerment of women in order to promote women’s participation in positions of political responsibility in national and European level.
For the accomplishment of Project’s goals, the following actions are included:
- Networking Actions: The Network “Eleni Skoura” is being created for the promotion of equal participation of women in the electoral processes and decision-making. The Network will operate as a mechanism for the development of dialogue and the exchange of opinions between organizations and NGO’s, on the field of equal participation in decision- making.
- Training and empowerment: The organization of 2-day training seminars (Cycle A and B) in all country Regions is designed. In the seminars elected women or women interested in participating in politics, will participate. The training seminars, based on education material specially produced for the Project, will provide all the necessary information and support for women’s fostering and encouragement.
- Counseling: The operation of Counseling Office that will support elected women or women interested in participating in politics via counseling services, has been designed.
- Public Events: The organization of meetings in all country’s Regions and of two (2) Conferences (Panhellenic and European) are scheduled, aiming at awareness-raising and dissemination of experiences for the promotion of the importance of women’s participation in decision-making.
- Studies and Researches: Three (3) studies/researches will be conducted, contributing to the scientific approach of the reduced participation of women in decision-making and to the collection of sources, archives and historical material for the presentation of women’s parliamentary work and progress.